Friday, October 28, 2011

Artist Statement.

This is not the one I wrote at the beginning of the semester; changes have been made.

When I was a child, I would listen to my father read me bedtime stories before falling asleep and I fell in love with the art of storytelling. I was fascinated by how a simple story can stay with a person for a lifetime, and how characters bring their tales to life. As I got older, I read for myself and grew interested in more complicated stories and characters. I had my own stories to tell, and wanted to do so with my drawings.
            I prefer a mechanical pencil for basic doodling, but will alternate between regular graphite, ebony, and charcoal pencils for my serious drawings. I also use conte crayons and have experimented with chalk pastels. For my cartoon drawings, I prefer sketching with pencil, then using black ink for lines and using markers for color. However, I have recently acquired a computer tablet and am experimenting with drawing and coloring on a computer, as well. I use the photo manipulation/digital coloring program GIMP.

No comments:

Post a Comment